There are a few activities that scream summer as strongly as day drinking. Spending a Saturday or Sunday relaxing with a cold beer, wine or cocktails just feels right when the weather is steamy.
But all that drinking in the hot sun can hit harder than you expect. Let’s be real – 40 proof liquor and strong sun aren’t always the best match. So, we asked a few of our favorite crawlers around the country on what their favorite summertime homemade cocktail!
Coastal Citrus Punch
Megan from St. Pete went with a dry wine, three fruit juices, sparkling water and fresh fruit, this is a delicious and refreshing option that’ll help beat the heat.
- 2 lemons sliced thin
- 3 oranges sliced thin
- 1 lime sliced thin
- 1 dozen green grapes cut in half
- 3 (750ml) bottles of dry white Riesling wine
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups white grape juice
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 4 cups sparkling water
Rose Lemon Champagne Punch:
Shay from Atlanta toasts the summer poolside season with a flute of punch! Here’s her deliciously bubbly beverage to keep you cool on a hot day.
- 12 ounces of cranberry juice
- 12 ounces of pink lemonade
- 1 bottle (750ml) sparkling white wine
- 1 bottle (750ml) rose champagne
- 3 ounces fresh lime juice
- 34 ounces club soda
- 2 fresh cups of frozen strawberries, cranberries or blueberries for garnish
“Chad” from Greenville, SC went a little of the tracks! It’s not technically a cocktail, but it keeps you cool and gives you just the right amount of buzz, so it’s a win says “Chad”. Feel free to substitute in your favorite brews.
Corona Lime Pop:
- 1 bottle Corona beer
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Now Freeze it!